Okay, so we have established that it is August and perhaps a little soon for autumn themed keychains but if Hallmark can do Christmas in July I can do this.
So here it is, the third keychain in this collection: the ghost.
Step by step photos will be at the bottom of the pattern.
- 3.75mm crochet hook
- Worsted weight yarn in brown and tan
I used Loops & Threads Impeccable yarn in white
- Stitch marker
- Black embroidery thread
- Tapestry needle
- 12mm safety eyes
- Thread (I like transparent thread)
As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases
1. Chain 7, (working in BLO) 3sc in 2nd ch from hook. Sc blo next 4, 3sc in end. Turn work and work in back side of stitches. “Skip” the first stitch which is actually the backside of the end stitch you just worked. It helps to pull the tail tightly to close this stitch. Sc next 4, sl st to join (14)
You will now be working in rounds as you would for a circle.
2. Ch 1, 2sc in same stitch and in next 2 stitches, sc next 4, 2sc next 3, sc next 4, sl st to join (20)
3. Sc blo around (20) (you will be working into the additional loop later)
4-12. (9 rounds) sc around (20)
13. sc next 4, dec, sc next 8, dec, sc next 4 (18)
Stop to attach face
Attach safety eyes between 3rd and 4th row from top with 2 stitches between the eyes. Sew on mouth.
14. [sc, dec] 6x (12)
15. Dec around (6)
Close top and fasten off
16. Attach yarn to one of the extra loops on the bottom of the ghost.
Work [sc, 3hdc] around, sl st to beginning.
Fasten off, weave in ends
Attaching the keychain
Check out my tutorial on adding keychains to crochet here
You have just finished your super cute ghosty keychain!
Patterns on this site are intended for personal use only. Reproduction in any manner, including electronic reproduction, printing multiple copies and sharing them, scanning, posting to the internet, selling, or distributing in any other way is prohibited. If you really like this pattern please refer your friends to my website, www.belacrochets.com
You are permitted to sell finished products from this pattern however I ask that you not mass produce items from my patterns for large scale sale on the internet. If you choose to sell the finished product, please credit Bela Crochets as the designer and provide a link to www.belacrochets.com in your online listing.
You may not in any way share, reproduce, or sell my patterns.
I work very hard to create patterns that are easy to understand and easy to follow however I include some intermediate stitches. If you have any difficulty with this pattern please feel free to contact me and I will do my best to help.